A kite flies on a cloudy morning. I struggled with the low light and the fast flying kite to capture this. He seemed to be in a hurry.
Seen at Russell Market. The large amounts of stale meat attracts a lot of kites. A delightful place for kite photography.
Some tips for bird photography:
1. Choose the sharpest aperture on your lens (generally its two stops smaller than the maximum size).
2. Choose a shutter speed above 1/500 sec.
3. Make all your focus points active.
4. Set the focus mode to AI SERVO and keep tracking the birds.
5. Most importantly – Wait for the light to fall on the bird!